Cost-Effective Ways to Create Lush Plants
Biological, Bio-Enhancing Amendments
& Microscopy Training
Hands-On, Intensive Workshop
Are you ready to unlock your soil’s FULL productive potential?
Want to learn how you can add biology in easy and cost effective ways, that fit into YOUR growing system?
Do you want to reduce or eliminate reliance on fertilizers?
Are you tired of your plants suffering from pests and diseases?
Do you want an experienced farmer to show you compost tea recipes and methods that really work?
Want to be able to identify your own biology?
Day 1 will cover Actively Aerated Compost Tea, & Other Biological, Organic & Bio-friendly fertility techniques (mineral teas, stabilized microbial extracts, powdered seed treatments, etc)
- When to use Compost Tea – and when it is NOT needed
- Other easy to use, cost effective ways to add biology
- Recipes & uses for each type of fertility listed above
- Brewers, design, maintenance and use (5, 100, and 1000 gallon systems)
- How to brew fungal dominated tea – or customize brews for microbes you need
- Spray rig and spray application equipment (various designs incl. root injection)
- Techniques for application
- Testing – the most time & cost effective ways to monitor if you are being effective
- Clean up
Day 2 – Microscope Training
Day 2 will cover In-House Microscopy for Compost Tea – Qualitative Analysis
- How to identify beneficial and pathogenic organisms in actively aerated compost tea
- You may bring your own microscope (see specs), but do not need one…as we will be projecting images as we teach
Arrangements can be made to bring your own brewers, to brew on site and then analyze your own tea recipes in class on Sunday.
Additional support in brewer and spray-rig / application design available after the workshop.
Some knowledge of soil microbes and how they fertilize plants beneficial. This course focuses on field application and not on the background learning about soil microbes.
Dates: March 28-29, 2015
Instructors: Vail Dixon & Jessica Smith
Rain Date: April 4-5, 2015
Times & Locations:
Saturday, 8:30 – 5:00*, 2370 Buffalo Station Drive, Gladstone, VA 24553
Sunday, 9:00 – 3:00*, Gladstone Volunteer Fire & Rescue Service “Fire Hall”, 8786 Richmond Highway, Gladstone, VA 24553
Accommodations, Meals, & Info
* Ending times may change slightly – Stay tuned for updates. Our agenda will be finalized & distributed in response to your needs. (survey responses)
Attend either day or both. The choice is yours!
Simple Soil Solutions™ supports education and building better communities. Therefore we are offering a 75% discount to non-profits, students and certified / formal educators. This includes School projects, NRCS, Ag Extension, and SWCD representatives. Other educational projects such as those formally teaching Permaculture and Holistic Management as their mission may be eligible per conversation with Vail. These discounted educator/student spaces are limited to 10 participants. Educators discount is limited to one per group and a second member of the same group, team, or project can register with the shared project discount. Please contact us for more details.
The second member of a group from a shared project may receive a 50% discount. Limit 7 shared project discounts for the workshop, 1 per group, first come first serve).
Special Instructions: If you are registering with the shared project discount, you will need to register each person separately. The first person to register will need to pay in full. The second person to register can use the coupon code. Of course, please visit us on the contact us page if you have any questions. Thank you!
Each member must register separately. Again, please contact us for details.Share On